Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010

The Nightmare before Christmas

The Irish might have invented Halloween, but the Americans perfected it. ;)

Halloween in Ireland isn´t quite what I expected it to be. Knowing how the Americans celebrate it I am actually a little disappointed. No Haunted Houses or other major Halloween decoratives throughout my neighbourhood.
Here and there are some pumpkins or Jack-o-lanterns, but that´s it.

Nevertheless, today, after sunday all the little ghost, skelettons, monsters, princesses, monkeys and so on came knocking on my door threatening me with tricks if I wouldn´t hand over some treats.
It was actually fun handing out candy and some of the kids where really sweet. The only thing missing was a poem or song to earn the candy.

As of today, I have seen both sides of the tradition and I have to say it is much more fun to dress up and go trick or treating than giving out candy to a million of kids. To bad I am to old for trick or treating.
Guess I am stuck with giving away candy! Well, next time the little ghosts and gobblins have to prepare a little poem or song!!

I hope you all lit a candle for the good spirits of your ancestors to find their way home
Happy Halloween

1 Kommentar:

  1. Not that I told you that Halloween is coming originally from Irland...:-...

    xox Dany

    AntwortenLöschen